Complete workflow for day-to-day WordPress development.
Depending on OS, dev tools to be installed locally.
Be it WordPress theme or plugin, free or paid, we will be using a git repo.
- For public project, github.com is good
- For private project, you can use paid account on github.com or use gitlab.com
No matter where you host your git repo, on local you will be doing:
- git clone git://remote-path local-dir
- cd local-dir
- atom . #launch editor
- plugin or theme folder structure
- grunt task setup
- Write test cases
- Write code that meets those test cases
- Run test cases
- git commit
- git push
npm versionalternative for git. Something like
git version minor|major|patch.
- git hooks to run test on
- Coding Standard - phpcs, jshint, css, etc
- Code Quality - phpmd, copy-paste detector, etc
- Unit test cases - phpunit, js (not sure)
- Functional testing (e2e - end to end tetsing) - using selenium + nightwatch, etc
- build script (testing)
- deploy script (cleanup, packaging, delivery, publish)